Monday, September 5, 2016

First Full Week Of School!

Here are the rest of the friends in our class this year!
Here are just some of the books that we read this week. Ask your child to tell you about them! I didn't get a picture, but we have also been learning how to spell the color word R-E-D. Ask your child to sing you our red color song!
We have been using GoNoodle for Brain Breaks throughout the day and the students have really been enjoying it!
We talked about the difference between quality & yuck work and have really been focusing on our illustrations!
I shared my treasure block with the class and they got to learn more about me. We made a web and the students drew pictures of something they learned about me. I demonstrated how to draw a picture using appropriate colors and shapes as well as labeling my work. I got to keep a book of all the students pictures and I really enjoyed looking through them all!
 With the weather being so hot, we definitely enjoyed playing outside! 
 We also enjoyed popsicles, thank you to those of you who sent in donations for the class!
 We have been practicing our alphabet in sign language. Ask your child to show you what they have learned!
 We also explored different literacy materials to make letters, our names, words, match upper/lowercase letters, and beginning sound to the picture.
We have also discussed the letters F & M. We have learned about the letters, traced the letter in the air, made a list of words that begin with the sounds, drew pictures and made letter cards for our word wall. I will post pictures after I get them up on our wall!
 We have also been working hard on our interactive school rules book. Take a look at the pages we have completed so far!
We have discussed which days we go to school as well as which days we stay at home. We also discussed that school makes us happy! 
We discussed following directions and drew a picture of our classroom. We learned that we must raise our hand when we have something to say and wait until we are called on.
We also learned how to appropriately use the supplies from the page.
The students drew pictures and made goals on what they wanted to learn this year!
 Also, since my birthday was today over a holiday weekend, I brought in my birthday snack on Friday to share with the class. It was a great way to end the week!
 Meet Mr. Rice. He is our Wright State student who will be working with our class this semester!
Thanks for stopping by. Check back again next week to see what we are up to! 
Have a great week!

Mrs. Brittany Garrabrant

No comments:

Post a Comment