Sunday, August 18, 2019

All About Mrs. Garrabrant

Hello everyone, my name is Mrs. Brittany Garrabrant and I am excited for another great school year! I hope to make your child's learning experience a fun and exciting one, and instill a love of learning that will last throughout your child's educational career. I really enjoy teaching here at Walter Shade Early Childhood Center and I know your children will love it just as much as I do. This will be my seventh year with my own classroom but eighth year at the ECC as I was an assistant the year before.

I wanted to share some exciting news! My husband and I welcomed our first child into our family, a baby boy named Owen Dean, on August 4th. He arrived 5 weeks early so he is spending time in the NICU. He weighed 4lbs. 7oz. and was 19 1/2 inches long. I am starting my maternity leave earlier than expected and I will no longer be starting the school year. I am sorry I won’t be able to meet you and your children just yet but I look forward to getting to know you and working with your children when I return in November.

I would like to welcome Ms. Dupont to our classroom family as she will be working with your children while I am gone. She is well prepared to take over in the classroom and I am confident that I am leaving them in good hands! She graduated from Wright State in May and she observed my class for one of her placements so she is familiar with how I do things. She is a wonderful fit for our classroom and she has my contact information if anything is needed while I am gone.  

During my time of maternity leave, Ms. Dupont will have access to my email, bgarrabrant@wcsd.k12.oh.us, I am also happy to answer emails or any questions so please feel free to contact me. Or you can email her directly at vdupont@wcsd.k12.oh.us. The phone number to my classroom is 937-859-5121 ext. 4410. I look forward to seeing you all when I return to the classroom and working with your children. Thank you for welcoming such a wonderful teacher with open arms  to our classroom community!
Here is some more information about me:
I graduated from Bowling Green State University in 2011 with my Bachelor's Degree in Early Childhood Education. I also received my Master's Degree in Literacy from the University of Dayton in 2015. I grew up in Kettering where I was a cheerleader for football for a long time. Now I currently live in Miamisburg with my husband, Micah. We have been married for 7 years now and also have two beautiful black lab dogs. Their names are Malli and Natty, they are 7 years old and are great dogs! Here are some pictures of my husband Micah, our dogs and myself.  
Family is very important to me and I talk about them to my students a lot! You will definitely be hearing a lot about my mom (Mrs. Boxley), she volunteers in my classroom once a week throughout the school year. 
My family from left to right: my grandmother Marilyn, father Howard, Mother Denise, Mrs. Garrabrant, husband Micah, brother Brian and brother James.
 My husband's family from left to right: his sister Amber, brother Trevor, Mrs. Garrabrant, husband Micah, his mom Jackie and father Ivan.

Micah and I love traveling and along with visiting eighteen states here in the U.S., we have also been to Hong Kong and St. Lucia. We are looking forward to continue traveling and seeing the world in the future.
 Left: Golden Gate Bridge in San Fransisco, California        
Right: Hong Kong- Big Buddha in the background.
Family Vacation in Hawaii
  Left: Hiking in Red River Gorge, Kentucky      Right: Phoenix, Arizona
 Left: Harry Potter World in Universal Studios, Florida      Right: Cedar Point
  Left: The incline in Colorado Springs, Colorado       
Right: Pike's Peak in Colorado Springs, Colorado
 Left: ATV tour in Alaska        Right: We stopped to take pictures and a moose walked up close to us!
 Left: Dog Sledding in Alaska     Right: Glacier Hiking in Alaska
 Left: Chihuly Museum with the space needle in the background- Seattle, Washington  
Right: Kayak cruise in Chicago
  Left: 4-Wheel drive beach in North Carolina   
Right: My cousin played basketball for Wright State and my family got the opportunity to fly to Texas to watch them play in the March Madness Tournament in 2017. 
 While in Texas, we got to visit the Dallas Cowboys stadium, it was so cool!
My husband and I both love Ohio State. 
Also, I like the Cincinnati Bengals & my husband likes the Cleveland Browns

Here are some of my favorite things:
Sport: Football (OSU and Bengals)
Season: Fall
Color: Pink & Light Blue
Flower: Calla Lily & Orchid
Foods: Pasta, Strawberries, Mashed Potatoes
Animals: Dogs & Dolphins
Book: Harry Potter
Hobbies: Watching football, spending time outside, playing with our pups, roller coasters, and board games.

I can't wait to learn about your family and your child's favorite things as well when I return from my maternity leave. I hope you have a great start to the school year!


Mrs. Brittany Garrabrant

No comments:

Post a Comment